Friday, October 24, 2014

M8 Training Needs

Write a blog post that describes a process that you use (or others use) to develop lessons or training. In this post you may decide to include the following. 
  • A method you use to write appropriate learning objectives
  • A method you use to establish the need for training or a lesson 
  • Critique on the four step process outlined in this class - pros / cons (see captivate presentation above)
  • Describe / critique another process for developing a learning lesson or training. 
  • Review an article on how to develop online learning lessons or on demand training modules 
  • Synthesize content that you learned from another course on this topic. 
The method that I've been using this year is called copy what others have done :).  The teaching of modules is based in Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives (knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis).  
Because I am new at my job as a classroom teacher and I'm also new at learning the content for the JAG Program, I thought it would be a good idea to follow their module content until I had some experience.  JAG (Jobs for America's Graduates) is also a model program with a lot of rigor built in so I am mostly sticking to the lessons they have outlined.  I do have leeway when it comes to the order in which lessons are taught.  Those decisions are based on the students' aptitudes, interests and abilities as well as their ages and plans after graduation. I also have leeway into the way lessons are delivered.  I try to incorporate lots of activity and lots of technology.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment