Friday, October 24, 2014

Learning Analytics

Module 7 Blog Post  
Learning Analytics

  1. Is your organization currently using Learning Analytics? If so, how?
My school is not officially using Learning Analytics, but they are collecting student profile, proficiency, grades and family information into an interface called Infinite Campus (IC).  The IC system is based mostly on hand-entered data figures.
I did not think that I was using analytics until I learned more about what they were.  I am putting together more detailed profiles of students gathered from the district's Infinite Campus tool plus real-time online instruments like learning style inventories, career interest inventories, unit practice games.  I have been doing all of it to get a complete picture of the students for them to use to move forward with a plan for their future.  
2.  Is your organization planning to use Learning analytics? If so, how?
I hope to use use LA more officially and effectively, but I definitely need some guidance and training/practice to do it well.  
3.  Explain how you may use Blogger Analytics (basic analytics in Blogger) to understand your learners.  
I have done some research on using analytics for blogging, but I am unsure on the benefits of blog tracking for my using preference.  I do want to explore how to apply it to my current classroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment